Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a very quiet Thanksgiving this year. Just the three of us at home.
Everyone was sad that we didn't make it back to Albuquerque to spend it with family... but it was kinda nice to just sit back and enjoy the day without trying to balance Thanksgiving at a bunch of different places.
I happy to report that I didn't spend one second in the car all day long! I got to wear my PJ's and slippers as late as I wanted and we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for the first time in forever! YAY!
It was very relaxing.... but I think we'll all be ready for some family time by Christmas! So get ready...

Kris smoked a Turkey this year. I was kinda skeptical when he started talking about stuffing it with apples and coke (yep... I said coke- as in Coco Cola-WEIRD!) and I'll admit that I did check to make sure that McDonald's chicken nuggets were available if things took a turn for the worse. But he really outdid himself! It was fabulous!
Ciara and I made Homemade Macaroni & Cheese, Cranberry and Sausage Dressing and Mashed Potatoes & Gravy.
I made Kris his Apple Pie (which actually looked like Pie instead of my traditional Apple Pie Soup) and Ciara got to help with the Chocolate Pie this year. The making of the Chocolate Pie is a tradition in my family. I have no idea how old the recipe is but I remember helping my mom when I was about Ciara's age. We made a HUGE mess and had TONS of fun! And she's a great helper. I told her next year she's on her own. ;)

Everything turned out really good. We had one minor malfunction with the Turkey (it was a really stubborn bird and didn't want to heat up all the way) but we worked that out pretty easily. I hope eveyone else had as much fun as we did!



These next one's are my favorite! She such a sneaky little troll! I guess it was just too tempting......


We did get snow last night but it held off just long enough to get the Turkey out of the Smoker so poor Kris didn't freeze his tail-feathers off outside. We woke up to 3 inches this morning and I think they're saying we may get more tonight.
The snow wasn't the only suprise we woke up too... Ciara's face was swollen up like Quasi-moto when she woke up. She's been complaining of a toothache for a few days and we know she cutting one of her 6 year molars a little early. She doesn't seem to be in any more pain then she's been in for the last few days... she's still eating and playing like normal... and there's no redness or swellinginside her mouth so I'm hoping it's just swelling from the tooth. We're watching her closely and if anything changes we'll let ya'll know.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We love you all!




No comments: